Chelsea Technologies Group's BACTI-Wader and BACTI-Wader Pro systems allow surveyors and regulators to assess real-time, in situ levels of bacteria in water systems. This is achieved by detecting UV Tryptophan fluorescence, which has been shown to correlate with bacterial levels.
The BACTI-Wader comprises a CTG UviLux fluorometer and a Hawk handheld display and logging unit. CTG’s UviLux fluorometers detect UV fluorescence with industry-leading sensitivity and selectivity and have been optimised for minimal interference from water turbidity. Data is displayed on the Hawk’s colour touchscreen and logged internally.
- River pollution surveillance and investigative monitoring
- Bathing water quality monitoring
- Point source pollution surveys
- Farm run-off detection and tracking
- Assessment of bathing & shellfish waters
- Groundwater quality monitoring
- Combined Sewage Overflow (CSO) event detection
- Faecal Indicator (FI) monitoring